[Air-L] AoIR2020 Life (Online) IS LIVE 26-31 October

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:32:51 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

In these difficult times, we're so looking forward to seeing many of your
faces (and names!) at the conference next week!

Just a quick point of clarification.  If you want to check what time the
keynote is in your time zone (it's 22.00 UTC on 26 Oct, which in many time
zones is actually 27 Oct!), then click this link (not the one in the
previous email):
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Keynote&iso=20201026T22

All the best,
Tama

Vice-President, AoIR

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 5:41 AM Lynn Schofield Clark <Lynn.Clark at du.edu>
wrote:

> AoIR has more than 700 people who have registered for the virtual AoIR2020
> Life (Online) conference that takes place this coming Monday – Saturday,
> 26-31 October!   Registration is free for AoIR members, so if you haven’t
> already, please join, renew your membership, and register for the
> conference (https://members.aoir.org/event-3841957). We’ve planned talks
> and research- themed discussions, book launches, internet- and
> gaming-themed pub quizzes, and yes, even karaoke and a dance!
>
> Even if you’re not a member you can still join us for the #AoIR2020
> opening event:
>
> A “fireside chat” keynote featuring Kate Crawford (Distinguished Research
> Professor at NYU and cofounder of the AI Now Institute; and Senior
> Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York) and Alondra Nelson
> (President of the Social Science Research Council and Harold F. Linder
> Professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton)
> (info here: https://aoir.org/aoir2020keynote_plenary/)
>
> 22:00 UTC
> 26 October in the U.S./Canada/South America & 27 October in Europe,
> Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia, & New Zealand
>
> WHAT date & time is that where you are??? Use this link to find out:
>
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=04%3A00+Themed+Discussion&iso=20201027T04&ah=1
>
> Watch the keynote livestreamed via the AoIR Facebook page:
> https://www.facebook.com/associationofinternetresearchers
> A link to the zoom webinar room will be made available for conference
> registrants.
>
> Also, you can log in to the aoir.org website as an AoIR member NOW to see
> these pages:
> Link to Playlists of research videos:
> https://members.aoir.org/AoIR2020Playlists_Forum
> Link to Calendar for next week's live events:
> https://members.aoir.org/AoIR2020_Calendar
>
> And follow the conference on Twitter using the #AoIR2020 hashtag.
>
> Registrants will receive a daily email digest starting on Monday with
> links to all events for the day.
>
> Your AoIR2020 team is looking forward to seeing you there!
>
> Lynn Schofield Clark (she/her/hers)
> President, international Association of Internet Researchers <
> http://aoir.org/>

Associate Professor Tama Leaver
Discipline Lead, Internet Studies,
School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry (MCASI)
Curtin University
GPO Box U1987 Perth WA Australia 6845
Ph: (+61 8) 9266 1258
Email: t.leaver at curtin.edu.au