[Air-L] My new book "The Medieval Internet" is published today!

Jakob Linaa Jensen jakoblinaa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 05:26:49 PDT 2020

Dear AoIR community

I am pleased to tell that my book “The Medieval Internet is now out at Emerald Publishing. It has been a long ride since I started discussing my ideas of virtual pillories and digital feudalism, also with some of you AoIRers.

In the book I discuss how the platform economy can be seen as a new feudalism, how Internet communities resemble medieval villages with solidarity as well as shaming and how digital witch hunts is a new plague for democracy.

More on the book and how to order here:
https://www.emerald.com/insight/publication/doi/10.1108/9781839094125?distinct_id=17478649c8214d-0e69dd7aa46af9-15306250-1aeaa0-17478649c83163

I discuss the book in this blog as part of Future of Democracy week. Read here and get access to a free chapter!
https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/topics/equality-and-people/blog/democracy-age-digital-feudalism?utm_source=ext_email_other&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ace_fod-author-jlj_20200907_free

There is also a video: https://youtu.be/2yt-7xCbwms

Finally, the book will be officially launched in the AoIR community at our virtual conference later this year, Oct 27th at 14 UTC. Stay tuned.

All the best
Jakob

Jakob Linaa Jensen, Ph.D.
Head of Center for Media and Innovation