[Air-L] First simple request: directory of twitter accounts for organizations?

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Sat Sep 5 12:01:20 PDT 2020

As others have pointed out, the idea of automating the organization name
-> twitter account lookup has all sorts of potential failure modes.
Nevertheless, as a little experiment I thought it might be interesting
to see if it were possible to automate this little heuristic:

1. Search for the organization on Wikipedia.
2. Look in the Wikipedia article for the "official website" link.
3. Look for a Twitter account on the organization's homepage.

I gave it a try in a Jupyter notebook [1] and wrote a few words about it
[2] if you want to take a look. Of course this approach relies entirely
on there being a Wikipedia article in the first place. It's basically a
house of cards waiting to fall down :-) But if you want me to try
running it on your list we could give it a try.

//Ed

[1]
https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1OfKcSrwm3Q1VaLIiply5zz6cCDX_QdFJ?usp=sharing
[2] https://inkdroid.org/2020/09/05/organizations-on-twitter/