[Air-L] First simple request: directory of twitter accounts for organizations?

Jakob Jünger jakob.juenger at uni-greifswald.de
Sun Sep 6 00:43:11 PDT 2020

Hi all,

interestingly, though identifying accounts is a common task, no common
protocols or methods have evolved so far. Cross-checking web links,
directories, social media search and so on is definitely nessessary to
get high quality lists. Each of the source brings its own bias.

I'd like to add one point from my experience.  Some time ago,  we
systematically compared sampling accounts of German political
organizations using traditional organization directories (the Oeckl)
with online directories (plugragraph). The online source most likely
will bias your sample towards more active accounts. Depending on the
research question, this poses problems (for example, if you analyse
activity indicators such as number of posts/comments/likes/shares).

Best
Jakob

--
Jakob Jünger
University of Greifswald

Ernst-Lohmeyer-Platz 3
17487 Greifswald
Germany

Room: 3.16 (3. floor)
Email: jakob.juenger at uni-greifswald.de
Phone : +49 3834 420 3444 or +49 173 860 8056
Web: http://www.ipk.uni-greifswald.de/