[Air-L] Large Twitter network graph

Vergeer, M.R.M. (Maurice) m.vergeer at maw.ru.nl
Wed Sep 9 00:23:47 PDT 2020

Pajek is software that can handle very large networks (http://mrvar.fdv.uni-lj.si/pajek/),
specifically the xxl and 3xl versions: http://mrvar.fdv.uni-lj.si/pajek/PajekXXL.htm

Hope this helps.
Maurice

Maurice Vergeer
www.mauricevergeer.nl

Van: Air-L <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org> namens Olaniran Psalmuel <psalmuel35 at gmail.com>
Verzonden: maandag 7 september 2020 23:14
Aan: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Onderwerp: [Air-L] Large Twitter network graph

Hello all,

I am in need of help and suggestions on a task for my study. I have a dataset with over 1 million nodes that I am trying to graph. My interest is in visualising the degree of connections, centrality and betweenness. Used Networkx module in python but the code for drawing the graph runs for days with no error or output. I have tried out a smaller sample of the dataset and it worked nicely.
Any suggestions on a tool/software that can handle such node size, or an alternative approach would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Samuel Olaniran
PhD Student,
Department of Media Studies,