[Air-L] Data Then and Now Seminar Series 2021

James Steinhoff jsteinh at uwo.ca
Mon Apr 5 10:07:16 PDT 2021

We're pleased to announce the details for our final three speakers in the Data Then and Now seminar series at the University of Washington. Detailed announcements for each event will follow closer to their dates. Please feel free to distribute this announcement, the Zoom webinars are open to all.

Ramon Amaro

Machine Learning, Sociogeny and the Substance of Race

May 5, 2021 1:00-2:00pm (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-ramon-amaro/

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmaro

Louise Amoore

Cloud Ethics: Algorithms and the Attributes of Ourselves and Others

May 13, 2021 10:00-11:00am (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-louise-amoore/

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNAmooreL

Tahu Kukutai

Indigenous Data Sovereignty

May 27, 2021 12:00-1:00pm (PDT)

Abstract and bio: https://escience.washington.edu/events/data-then-and-now-tahu-kukutai/

Zoom registration: https://tinyurl.com/DTNKukutai

The Data Then and Now speaker series explores the social and organizational history of data and  data practices in order to better understand the current data-intensive moment through its antecedents and continuities.

James Steinhoff

UW Data Science Postdoctoral Fellow

eScience Institute

University of Washington