[Air-L] Nordic Privacy Center official launch

Cory Robinson cory.robinson at liu.se
Wed Apr 14 05:01:19 PDT 2021

Dear AoIR community,

A year after posting my desire to create a positive impact<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stephencoryrobinson_privacy-ethics-ai-activity-6664257689692053504-xsD2> in the world, the Nordic Privacy Center has officially launched!

I am excited to share with you that the Nordic Privacy Center<https://nordicprivacy.org/> (nordicprivacy.org) hosted it’s first steering committee meeting last week. Further, we have announced our talented & diverse board<https://nordicprivacy.org/steering-board> representing Nordic industry, academia, policy, and trade unions:

  *   ISHITA BARUA - M.D. and Ph.D. candidate, Oslo University Hospital (Norway)
  *   MARÍA BJARNADÓTTIR - Legal & Public Policy Adviser, Ph.D. candidate University of Sussex (Iceland)
  *   MIKKEL FLYVERBOM - Professor of Communication and Digital Transformations, Copenhagen Business School(Denmark)
  *   MEERI HAATAJA - CEO/Co-Founder at Saidot (Finland)
  *   SANTIAGO MARTINEZ - Associate Professor of eHealth, University of Agder (Norway)
  *   MINNA PIKKARAINEN - Professor of Digital Health, Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
  *   INESE PODGAISKA - Secretary General, Association of Nordic Engineers (Denmark)

We are available on Twitter<https://twitter.com/NordicPrivacy>, and also post news on our “News” webpage<https://nordicprivacy.org/news>. We will be working in the coming weeks to:

  1.  Identity our mission statement, ethos, and vision
  2.  Identify short-term research priorities and research funding
  3.  Create and identify team members for our Affiliated Context Expert
  4.  Publish our stance and input for the forthcoming European AI legislation announced 21 April

Thank you to those that have expressed interest and support for the initiative, the conversations I’ve had over the last year challenging and improving this concept, and for your genuine support in bringing the NPC to fruition.

Best,
Cory
--
Senior Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Communication Design
Linköping University