[Air-L] Submission deadline?

Plothe, Theo plothet at savannahstate.edu
Thu Apr 15 20:58:21 PDT 2021

With respect to the deadlines for this year’s conference CFP, can anyone explain why despite having no stated time once the deadline was extended, that at 11:50 pm EDT, the submissions are now closed?

The last deadline for the submission of new contributions was 15th Apr 2021, 11:59:59pm UTC.

If the deadline was to be UTC, which is vastly different from previous years, where the deadline was established at midnight Hawai’i time, that the extended deadline would be so limited. Especially when the only way to see said deadline would be on the submission page. It is disappointing to know that my submission will not be included in the process because the times are apparently less negotiable than in previous years, especially considering the online nature of a conference meant to be hosted in Philadelphia, a city clearly in the US EDT.

I understand this information may have appeared elsewhere, but in looking back at the email announcing the deadline extension

Best,
Dr. Plothe

--
Theo Plothe, PhD