[Air-L] The 2021 Carolinas Communication Association Conference Goes Virtual

Peter Joseph Gloviczki PhD pgloviczki at coker.edu
Tue Apr 20 06:19:15 PDT 2021

Friends,

We in the Carolinas Communication Association invite your submissions for
our 2021 virtual conference (Sept 24 & 25). May 15 is the deadline.

This is a great first conference for undergraduates, graduate students and
new faculty, as well as seasoned academics.

Please direct all submissions to <pgloviczki at coker.edu>.

I am happy to answer any questions. We look forward to having you join us!

Fondly, Peter

*The 2021 Carolinas Communication Association Conference Goes Virtual*

We invite your paper submissions (8-20 pages), panel submissions and Great
Ideas For Teaching Students (GIFTS) submissions. A reminder that all paper
submissions are automatically eligible for top faculty awards (faculty),
top graduate paper awards (graduate students) and top undergraduate paper
awards (undergraduate students). We also invite digital posters of research
by undergraduates, graduate students and faculty. Submitters are kindly
asked to indicate whether their status (faculty, graduate student or
undergraduate student) on the title page of their submission. We are an
inclusive, welcoming conference and we look forward to receiving your work.

In addition, in view of the COVID 19 pandemic, we would also like to offer
submitters the opportunity to submit extended abstracts (250 words to 750
words) of work in progress. Extended abstracts can be submitted in any of
the aforementioned categories (paper, panel or GIFTS) and should be clearly
labeled as extended abstracts. While extended abstracts will not be
eligible for awards, all submissions will be considered for programming as
part of CCA 2021.

We aim to maintain the May 15, 2021, submission deadline, and we ask that
all submissions are emailed to Dr. Peter Joseph Gloviczki, 1st Vice
President of CCA, <pgloviczki at coker.edu> as attachments. Feel free to send
any submission questions to Dr. Gloviczki. He is glad to be helpful.

Once refereed, all submitters will be notified of the status of their
submissions. We will ask that accepted participants record a brief,
explanatory video of their work and upload the video to YouTube. We imagine
each video will be somewhere between two and twelve minutes in length. Once
uploaded, please share a link to the video via email with Dr. Gloviczki.
Dr. Gloviczki will then include that link in the conference program. Our
hope is that conference participants will be able to view the videos ahead
of time and that the conference date/time (via Zoom) will primarily be used
to discuss the work. Acceptance of work carries with it the expectation
that accepted authors will both submit a link to a video of their work to
Dr. Gloviczki and participate in the live Zoom experience.  We believe this
two-step process (recorded video and live Zoom) is a dynamic way to share
work via digital modalities and we are excited to utilize it.

We view the Zoom experience during the conference days (September 24-25,
2021) as a conversational space. Participants will have the opportunity to
dialogue about posted videos, which will be organized into relevant
sessions. We aim to hold both the keynote session and the business meeting
live via Zoom during the conference days. We are excited to convene our
community virtually in 2021.

As always, feel free to be in touch with any questions. We look forward to
receiving your submissions!

Peter Joseph Gloviczki, PhD    he/him/his
Associate Professor of Communication
Coker University
300 East College Avenue
Hartsville, South Carolina 29550
843.383.8379
pgloviczki at coker.edu

Assistant Editor, Journal of Loss and Trauma (Taylor & Francis)
Immediate Past Head, Cultural and Critical Studies Division, AEJMC
1st Vice President, Carolinas Communication Association

Scholarly Books:

Mediated Narration in the Digital Age: Storying the Media World
<https://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/nebraska/9781496217639/> (University of
Nebraska Press, 2021).

Journalism and Memorialization in the Age of Social Media
<https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9781137465368> (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)