[Air-L] Meme Studies Research Network Event Recording

GALIP Idil I.Galip at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Apr 23 04:18:54 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Happy Friday, I hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to circulate the recording of Meme Studies Research Network's first event here https://youtu.be/sVPVTUh5Grw.

This is the first talk in our “meme methodologies” series, which’ll be an ongoing project where we have researchers, artists, creators discuss how they research “the digital” (specifically memes, vernacular content, and digital folklore).

In this talk titled "Ethnographic approaches to digital folklore" Gabriele de Seta outlines four strategies to approach digital folklore ethnographically. These strategies build on extensive methodological debates and aim at fine-tuning the existing framework of digital ethnography for the study of vernacular content and practices emerging on digital media.

We're setting up more talks for this year, so please do get in touch with any suggestions, questions and requests.

Our website: https://memestudiesrn.wordpress.com/

Our twitter: http://twitter.com/MemeStudiesRN

email at memestudiesrn at gmail.com

​Best wishes,
İdil

Idil Galip

PhD Candidate
University of Edinburgh
Department of Sociology

http://www.sociology.ed.ac.uk/people/research_students2/idil_galip

http://idilgalip.com

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.