[Air-L] PhD position (100%) in HCI / design at FU Berlin

Hirsbrunner, Simon David simon.hirsbrunner at fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 28 01:22:11 PDT 2021

Dear all,

We invite you to apply for the PhD position stated below.

Thanks and best regards.
Simon

> ~~~~Research assistant (m/f/d) full-time job limited to 30.06.2023 for project "A Digital Research Space for BUA"~~~~
>
> Remuneration group: E 13 TV-L FU
> Reference code: BUA-Pilot-WM100
> Application Deadline: 17.05.2021
> The Human-Centered Computing Research Group (HCC- www.hcc.mi.fu-berlin.de <http://www.hcc.mi.fu-berlin.de/> ) stands for a diverse and an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-computer interaction (HCI). We define ourselves as designers of participatory and responsible technologies with a focus on Interactive Intelligent Systems that foster collaboration between humans and machines. Our current research focuses on privacy, visualization and machine learning. In this context, our knowledge-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension. We are highly committed to open source software, open science, and free access to knowledge.
> We offer a creative and open environment for the pursuit of research interests and provide sustainable support in achieving academic goals.
>
> ***Job description:
> The Berlin University Alliance (BUA) - an alliance of Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin and Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin - aims to further develop the scientific landscape in Berlin. The project "A Digital Research Space for BUA" is a joint initiative of Technische Universität Berlin (Quality and Usability Lab; Open Distributed Systems Group) and Freie Universität Berlin (Human-Centered Computing Research Group) and is embedded Objective 3 "Advancing Research Quality and Value" and Objective 5 "Sharing Resources" of the BUA.
> The aim of this BUA project is to develop an open science platform for research data. The aim is to achieve greater visibility and improved discoverability of open research data across the disciplines and universities involved in the BUA. Furthermore, it is intended to promote the subsequent use of open research data.
> The focus of the position located at the HCC research group is to collect and systematize the requirements of different stakeholders at the BUA. These will be supplemented by the collection of requirements of future users of the research space in participatory workshops. Based on this, the design of a state of the art and target group-oriented interface for the search, exploration and analysis of open research data will be iterated. The realized low-fi prototypes will be evaluated and refined with users after implementation. The design process of the web-based prototypes will be guided by participatory methods applied during the iterative and incremental development process. The design and implementation of the prototypes should likewise incorporate current developments and insights from visualization research and practice.
>
> ***Requirements:
> [...]

______

Dr. Simon David Hirsbrunner
Human Centered Computing

Institute for Computer Science, Freie Universität Berlin
Königin-Luise-Str. 24/26, Room 116
14195 Berlin

+49 (0)30 838 685 31
simon.hirsbrunner at fu-berlin.de
twitter.com/simonsimson <mailto:simon.hirsbrunner at fu-berlin.de>

Co-Speaker Open Media Studies
Working Group at the deutsche Gesellschaft für Medienwissenschaft (GfM)
Join us! gfmedienwissenschaft.de/gesellschaft/ags/openmediastudies <http://gfmedienwissenschaft.de/gesellschaft/ags/openmediastudies>

Board Member stsing
Science & Technology Studies in and through Germany
Join us! stsing.org <http://stsing.org/>