[Air-L] Veronica Barassi EVENT RECORDING: 'How Tech Companies are Profiling Us from before Birth' | LSE Digital Ethnography Collective

Glatt,ZA (pgr) Z.A.Glatt at lse.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 05:31:44 PDT 2021

Hi all!

Thanks to those of you who attended yesterday’s LSE Digital Ethnography Collective book event, we had a great and generative conversation! For those of you who wanted to but were unable to attend, the recording is now available to watch here: https://youtu.be/6HIY5DZ3Lxs

The event was about Professor Veronica Barassi’s new book ‘Child Data Citizen: How Tech Companies are Profiling Us from Before Birth’ (MIT Press, 2020) and her experience as an ethnographer in making sense of the datafication of family life. By looking at the human tensions and sensory experience of datafication, she reflected on the merits and challenges of ethnography and autoethnography in the understanding of our complex data environments.

All the best,
Zoe

Zoë Glatt
www.zoeglatt.com<http://www.zoeglatt.com/>
ESRC PhD Researcher in Media & Communications
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Co-Founder: LSE Digital Ethnography Collective @DigEthnogLSE<https://twitter.com/DigEthnogLSE>
Graduate Student Rep 2019-2021: Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
Managing Editor 2018-2020: ICA journal Communication, Culture & Critique<https://academic.oup.com/ccc/pages/About>
YouTube channel<https://www.youtube.com/user/Zedstergal> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ZoeGlatt> | LSE bio<http://www.lse.ac.uk/media-and-communications/people/phd-researchers/zoe-glatt>