[Air-L] Postdoc and PhD Positions in Platform Governance, AI Discourses, and Digital Methods

Christian Katzenbach christian.katzenbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 06:19:06 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I am currently hiring Postdocs and PhD cand. for a new lab „Platform Governance, Media, and Technology“ that I am building at the Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI) at the University of Bremen. With the lab, I will continue my research agenda developed at the HIIG, and built a team to do research and teaching at the intersection of governance, technology and communication in close collaboration with international partners and continue to collaborate closely with the HIIG and the global network of centres.

I am looking forward to see many candidates from the AoIR-community, this is certainly the key community for all three positions. So please consider applying, share with your colleagues and students – and don’t hesitate to reach out. It’s always good to talk!

⚠️ Deadline is Early September! (September 3, resp. September 9)

Postdoc „Platform Governance" (1FTE, 3 years, ~54-63k€/year)
https://www.uni-bremen.de/en/university/the-university-as-an-employer/job-vacancies-1/job/812?cHash=7d89ab18eb0f57542a6a57f7fc69b6e4

Postdoc „Empirical Platform Studies and Digital Methods“ (0.95FTE, 3 Years, ~50-60k€/year)
https://www.uni-bremen.de/en/university/the-university-as-an-employer/job-vacancies-1/job/832?cHash=2b820be5c35b5ccde2c404b0e47954cc

PhD Position „Imaginaries of AI“ (0.65FTE, 3 Years, ~35k/year)
https://www.uni-bremen.de/en/university/the-university-as-an-employer/job-vacancies-1/job/811?cHash=9e14da6407b137afb85bd56f7905afdd

All the best,
Christian

--
Christian Katzenbach

Professor of Media and Communication
Centre for Media, Communication & Information Research (ZeMKI)
University of Bremen
www.uni-bremen.de/zemki

Senior Researcher
Alexander von Humboldt Institut for Internet and Society (HIIG)
www.hiig.de