[Air-L] Call for Chapters and Inclusive Games Group

Kat Schrier Shaenfield kschrier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:45:28 PST 2021

A few reminders:

1. We have a new *Inclusive Games Network*

We are hosting our next meet-and-greet meeting on *Thursday, December 9th*
at 8 pm ET. Come join us!

We are exploring things like...
--Developing an "unconference" on inclusive games
--Creating whitepapers/open access books on inclusive games
--Connecting with each other and with organizations that are supporting
inclusion in games
--Finding collaborators for grants, research, and scholarship
--Finding collaborators for games and other projects
--Creating a cozy, inclusive, caring community
--& MORE!
Please email me if you want more details about the group and our meeting.

2. In fact... we have a new book in the works!
*50 Games to Use for Inclusion, Equity, and Justice (ETC Press)*

The call for chapters is due on *this Thursday* December the 9th!

Here is the VERY QUICK proposal form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerAZdBHHzRMAO3taMPy_qUwQ2eH4pzmPGJnBD4HMJ7CfsX_Q/viewform>
:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerAZdBHHzRMAO3taMPy_qUwQ2eH4pzmPGJnBD4HMJ7CfsX_Q/viewform

If you don't know which of many games to choose, just pick one and then in
the comments, provide other possibilities -- that's fine!

If you don't know any game to choose but you want to participate, that's
fine too! Just add your name and put in the games questions N/A - and then
explain in the comments that you are excited to write about any game (I can
help you choose one)!

We are specifically looking for people willing to write about:
Indie games
Non-digital games/board/card games
AR/VR games
Online multiplayer games
Popular commercial games
TTRPGs
and more!

Thanks!
Dr. Karen (Kat) Schrier
http://www.karenschrier.com
www.twitter.com/drgamermom

Associate Professor & Director, Games & Emerging Media program, Marist
College
Game Design Consultant, World Health Organization (WHO) Academy
Author, *We the Gamers* <https://gamesforcivics.com/> (Oxford University
Press)
Author, *Knowledge Games
<https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/content/knowledge-games>* (Johns Hopkins
University Press)
Editor, *Learning, Education, & Games <https://gamesforgrowing.com/>
book *series
(ETC Press/Carnegie Mellon)
Author, Designing Ourselves <https://www.adl.org/media/13011/download> (Center
for Technology & Society)
*Please call me Kat or Dr. Kat (She/They)*