[Air-L] CfP Platform Labor & Health Special Issue

Rafael Grohmann rafael-ng at uol.com.br
Tue Dec 21 09:19:59 PST 2021

   Hello,
   One more CfP!
   Special issue on platform labor and health, for a Brazilian Journal
   - Revista Eletrônica de Comunicação, Informação e Inovação em Saúde
   (Reciis), - [1]https://www.reciis.icict.fiocruz.br/index.php/reciis
   Articles can be sent in English, or Spanish, or Portuguese.
   Platform Labor and Health Special Issue
   Guest editors: Rafael Grohmann (Unisinos University, Brazil), Noopur
   Raval (New York University, United States), and Kruskaya Hidalgo
   Cordero (Platform Observatory, Equador)

   The platformization of labor not only jeopardizes labor rights and tax
   regularization mechanisms, but also generates serious effects on the
   health of people working in these economies. In some cases, as in
   on-demand delivery work, even human losses are reported on a daily
   basis. Content moderators and microworkers have many mental health
   issues. For example, in 2020, Facebook had to pay $52 million to its
   moderators who developed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Thus,
   it is urgent to analyze health and welfare on digital platforms, both
   in relation to current conditions and to prefigure what futures we want
   in relation to health in the platform labor.

   This thematic dossier aims to compile studies on the intersection
   between health and platform labor, recognizing the importance of this
   debate. We accept articles in English, Spanish and Portuguese. We are
   especially interested in submissions that shed light across these
   themes:

   • Health of platform workers across the sectors;
   • Safety and health of platform labor in the streets: drivers, riders,
   shoppers;
   • Working from home: remote work, microwork, and reproductive labor;
   • Domestic work and beauty sector;
   • Intersection of gender, race, caste, class, age, sexuality or other
   dynamics in impacting health conditions of platform workers;
   • Decolonial perspectives on platform labor and health;
   • Beyond "invisible" and "hiddens" perspectives on platform labor and
   health;
   • Chronic illness, disabilities and platform capitalismo;
   • Mental health, right to disconnection and platform labor;
   • Mental health and plataform capitalismo;
   • Platformization of health workers and medical care workers;
   • Technologies and metrics of health surveillance and monitoring
   on platforms during covid-19;
   • Biopolitics and platform capitalism before and during the pandemic;
   • Organizational, moral and sexual harassment working on
   digital platforms;
   • Fair work on digital platforms and the role of health;
   • Health of platform workers and public policies;
   • Data justice movements and well being concerns of platform workers

   Submission deadline: June 30th, 2022.

   Publication: Oct./Dec. 2022.
   If you have any doubts or queries, please let me know.
   best,
   Rafael Grohmann