[Air-L] a twitter question - multiple RTs by a single from_user

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 07:55:16 PST 2021

Does anyone know how one Twitter account "from_user" can retweet the same
tweet a few hundred times over 14 days?

I have recently found many examples of accounts RTing the same Tweet. In a
single sub-set of less than 9,000 identical RTs from a bigger set
responsive to the query "gettr" via the Search API, one from_user is
responsible for 180 of the unique Tweet IDs. I'm not sure I have ever seen
this digital artifact in the Twitter stream before. It should not be
technically possible, unless the from_user RTs then undoes the RT and
redoes the RT, perhaps via automation. There are examples in one case of 7
RTs of the same Tweet by the same from_user in a single minute. I would
like to talk to anyone working on this dynamic or others interested in
diving collaboratively into Gettr data on Twitter, which is both alarming
and time sensitive. Thanks!

Dr. Stuart ShulmanU.S. Soccer Federation C-Licensed Coach