[Air-L] Special Q&A Session with Mark Graham, Director @ Internet Archive | Feb 12th, 12 pm EST

Ahmed Medien ahmed.medien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:52:09 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

WikiCred Demo Hour is hosting a special Q&A Session with Mark Graham,
Director at Internet Archive and the WayBack Machine on Feb 12th EST.

This is everything you always wanted to ask about the Internet Archive, and
the Wayback Machine, but were too afraid to ask. Mark Graham will give a
quick overview of some of the Internet Archive's projects and priorities
and engage with questions, suggestions, requests, and constructive
criticism about the work of this nearly 25 year old non-profit. Mark is
especially interested in learning about how the organization can evolve its
services to be of most benefit to more people.

In addition to Mark's Q&A, we will host a hands-on demo on how to query
bibliographical data from WikiData and extract visual graphics for
academic research by Wikipedia editor and WikiData expert
Houcemeddine Turki.

The call is open to the public, but we require that you sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEpva_wwZA9xIjtTni7-y0tZ_VgXW8nzVMF9Pe8Zr7Mh2CXw/viewform>
in
order to receive the Zoom link.

Find our agenda here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Blz4OAXypJe8yqMHFt4nQDufan2ZcmTWvHs5uXWi568/edit#>
.

*About WikiCred Demo Hour*
WikiCred Demo Hour is an initiative of the WikiCredibility Grant Initiative
<http://wikicred.org/> which supports wikipedia and wikimedia projects with
the goal of strengthening information reliability and credibility on the
internet. It is a regular monthly online meetup that brings together
members of the Wikimedian community, open-data and open-knowledge
enthusiasts, academics, journalists, researchers, and professionals from
the online credibility space.

Best regards,

Ahmed Medien
hackshackers.com