[Air-L] use of WhatsApp and other encrypted mobile platforms by right-wing groups

F N fatima.n82 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:47:50 PST 2021

Dear All,

Sharing an article that I wrote on the the use of the WhatsApp platform by
right-wing Hindutva groups in India
*Role of Public WhatsApp Groups Within the Hindutva Ecosystem of Hate and
Narratives of “CoronaJihad”*
https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/16255

If there are any suggestions about recent peer-reviewed work on the use of
WhatsApp or other similar platforms by right-wing groups, it will be really
helpful.
In the Indian context, I recently came across this article which was very
useful.

"Short is the Road that Leads from Fear to Hate": Fear Speech in Indian
WhatsApp Groups
https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.03870

Thanks

Fathima Nizaruddin