[Air-L] Proposing ethics-related sessions for #AoIR2021

Zimmer, Michael michael.zimmer at marquette.edu
Mon Feb 22 14:53:38 PST 2021

Hello, AoIR!

I'm writing today in partnership with Ylva Hård af Segerstad (cc'd) to see if anyone would like to join a set of panel and/or roundtable proposals for #AoIR2021 focused on research ethics. We are both on the AoIR Ethics Working Committee, but we aren't limiting our call for participants to those members. Anyone is welcome to join us, but note the deadline is coming up quickly!

The Ethics group typically submits two types of proposals for an AoIR conference:

- A panel of contributed papers centered around a theme of research ethics. A few have already come forward expressing interest be we have room for more participants. You'll need to provide us a 1200-word extended abstract by the end of the week (hoping there might be work already in progress...I'm not asking anyone to scrounge this up on such short notice). And we should again be in a position to publish selected papers in a special issue of the Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society. Details on that to come later.

- A roundtable discussion to spark informal conversation on new issues emerging since the publication of the Ethical Guidelines 3.0, possible topics for new addenda to add to those guidelines, and really anything else.

If you are interested in joining either the panel or roundtable, please email Ylva and me directly.

Thanks!

~ Michael Zimmer

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
michael.zimmer at marquette.edu
www.michaelzimmer.org
@michaelzimmer