[Air-L] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Studies of Scientific Data Governance, Preservation and Archiving

Megan Finn megfinn at uw.edu
Mon Feb 8 15:40:39 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently accepting applications for a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Texas, School of Information for a collaborative project with University of Washington’s School of Information. This project aims to understand the role that data management plans have had on the data archiving, sharing and access of federally funded science from a cultural, social, and historic perspective.

We are seeking applicants with the following qualities:

  *   Interest in long-term scientific data management practices, standards, and preservation

  *   Experience with qualitative research, particularly data policy analysis, ethnographic interviewing, and archival work and digital collections either as a researcher or archivist

  *   Curiosity about different epistemic cultures

  *   Familiarity with science and technology studies, information science, and/or histories of science in the United States

  *   Knowledge about scientific data management, digital preservation and data curation

For more on the position and to apply, please visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/83729

Feel free to contact Amelia Acker (aacker at ischool.utexas.edu) or Megan Finn (megfinn at uw.edu) with any questions about the position. Questions about the opportunity or the job responsibilities will not reflect negatively on your application.

Application should include a cover letter, CV, sample publication, and reference information. We will accept application until the position is filled. We will begin to review applications and interview candidates starting on April 1, 2021. Please share widely!

Amelia and Megan

Documenting Aftermath: Information Infrastructures in the Wake of Disasters
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/documenting-aftermath

Megan Finn
Assistant Professor, University of Washington, The Information School
www.meganfinn.org<http://www.meganfinn.org>