[Air-L] [Open Webinar] José van Dijck on platformisation at SMART Data Sprint 2021

Smart Inovamedialab smart.inovamedialab at fcsh.unl.pt
Tue Jan 26 15:28:59 PST 2021

Open Webinar | SMART Data Sprint 2021
A European perspective on platformisation by José van Dijck
February, 3rd at 5 PM (GMT) | ONLINE (Zoom)

We are pleased to announce that José van Dijck is joining SMART Data Sprint
2021 with a keynote open to the public on the theme of a European
perspective on platformization. José van Dijck is a distinguished professor
at the University of Utrecht (Netherlands), and a former dean of the
University of Amsterdam. From 2015 to 2018, she also served as
president-elect of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Van Dijck's field of research focuses on media studies and digital society.
Her work covers a wide range of topics in media theory, technologies and
communication, social media, and digital culture. She is the co-author and
co-editor of ten books and over one hundred journal articles and book
chapters. Van Dijck’s book The Culture of Connectivity. A Critical History
of Social Media (Oxford UP, 2013) was distributed worldwide and was
translated into Spanish, Chinese, and Farsi. Her latest book, co-authored
by Thomas Poell & Martijn de Waal is titled The Platform Society. Public
values in a connective world (Oxford University Press, 2018).

Van Dijck's lecture will be online (via Zoom) and open to SMART Data Sprint
participants and the general public under free registration at <
https://bit.ly/SMARTDataSprint_keynoteJvD>

About SMART Data Sprint
SMART Data Sprint is an international event promoted by the SMART research
group (iNOVA Media Lab/NOVA University of Lisbon) that provides an intense
hands-on experience, driven by online data and digital methods.

More info at <http://smart.inovamedialab.org>

--
SMART ˚ ˚ Social Media Research Techniques I #SMARTDataSprint
iNOVA Media Lab I NOVA FCSH I Universidade Nova de Lisboa