[Air-L] Information visualization resources

Helen Kennedy h.kennedy at sheffield.ac.uk
Sun Jan 24 07:03:08 PST 2021

Not specifically business-focused, but the best resources are by Andy Kirk
of Visualising Data. Here's his website: https://www.visualisingdata.com/
and here's his book: https://www.visualisingdata.com/book/.

May I take this opportunity to modestly plug my co-edited volume, Data
Visualization In Society, available open access from Amsterdam University
Press (
https://www.aup.nl/en/book/9789463722902/data-visualization-in-society),
because all data and information visualization is enhanced through
thoughtful consideration of its social role! :)

Helen

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 23:15, Gohar F. Khan <gohar.feroz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list members,
>
> I am developing a course on information visualisation and looking for
> resources (articles, case studies, books, syllabus, videos, slides, etc) on
> Information visualisation in support of business decisions and transforming
> data into meaningful information. Some examples topics include:
>
>    - Management approaches to visualisation and visual explorations
>    - Information management and information principles
>    - Information visualisation for decision-making in a business context
>    - Principles of information visualisation.
>    - Communication issues around information visualisation, visual
>    complexity, and business value of visualisation, etc.

> Regards,
> Gohar
>

> --
>
> *Dr. Gohar Khan **|* *Senior Lecturer of Digital Business* *|*
> *Undergraduate
> and Graduate Convenor for Digital Business*   *|*   *School of Management &
> Marketing  **|**  Faculty of Management  **|*  *University of Waikato*
>
> *Private Bag 3105*  *|*  *Hamilton 3240*  *|*
> *New Zealand**|* *+64 7 838 4233*  *|** gohar.khan at waikato.ac.nz
> <gohar.khan at waikato.ac.nz> ** | o**ffice: MSB.2.32D  /  Web*:
> gfkhan.wordpress.com
>

> *Check out my books on* social media analytics
> <
> https://www.amazon.com/Creating-Value-Social-Media-Analytics/dp/1977543979/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524618864&sr=1-1&keywords=Creating+Value+With+Social+Media+Analytics
> >
>  and digital marketing analytics
> <
> https://www.routledge.com/Digital-Analytics-for-Marketing/Sponder-Khan/p/book/9781138190689

Helen Kennedy, Professor of Digital Society, @hmtk, Living With Data
<https://livingwithdata.org/>

*RECENT PUBLICATIONS: *
Public perceptions of good data management: findings from a UK-based survey
<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2053951720935616>, *Big Data
and Society* (June 2020, w/Todd Hartman, Robin Steedman & Rhia Jones)
*Public Understanding and Perceptions of Data Practices: a review of
existing research
<https://livingwithdata.org/current-research/publications/>* (May 2020, w/
Susan Oman, Mark Taylor, Jo Bates, Robin Steedman)

*Data Visualization in Society
<https://www.aup.nl/en/book/9789463722902/data-visualization-in-society>*
(April
2020, ed w/ Martin Engebretesen, Open Access with Amsterdam University
Press)