[Air-L] Looking for a fully funded PhD

Rachael Espinet raesay2407 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 08:33:22 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I am a writer from Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies. I have an eclectic
interest in subjects such as the intersections of marginalised communities,
gender studies, development studies, mythology, neuroscience, equity,
redesigning work, vulnerability, emotions, cultural and biological
evolution and its history, and ethical implications of AI.
I am a journalist. Interviewing people, connecting with them and accurately
documenting their life is my strongest skill. Historical research is my
second. One transferable skill is the ability to sit with experts and
understand their work enough to explain it to laypeople. The ability to
explain a complex topic simply and accurately for mass public consumption
is a skill I can contribute to any research team.
I have an MSc in Gender and Development Studies and a BA in Literatures in
English. My MSc research was an investigation into queer identities in
literature. My BA research paper was on Caribbean Folklore.
I would like to do a PhD to have five years to read, write to produce
books. I am curious about many topics and working in any disciple or
intersectional team can allow me the time and information to wrangle with
questions that have been bothering me for years such as: how to address
rage online? Is there a necessity of battle in discourse? How to
restructure the world into an equitable space where many people's needs are
met? How to overcome the negativity bias in media, particularly social
media which is a designed rage machine? And explore the body both
scientifically and socially.
I religiously listen to Alan Watts every morning, Brene Brown and Helen
Fisher are my two favourite living scholars and I am curious about Daniel
Dennett's work. Humankind by Rutger Bregman and Factfulness by Hans
Rosling, Ola Rossling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund are two books I've used to
help form my world opinion.
If there are any fully-funded PhD in anything really please let me know. I
am available to travel all over the world. I will be fully vaccinated by
July 19.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
Rachael Espinet