[Air-L] Research: Short exercise on disguising online sources

Joseph Reagle joseph.2011 at reagle.org
Tue Jun 1 12:36:24 PDT 2021

Hello all,

I'm researching the necessity, methods, and efficacy of researchers altering (i.e., “fuzzing”) prose to disguise their online sources. I have a brief instrument where I ask you to alter three quotes and then judge three alterations. It's very simple and shouldn't take more than 10--15 minutes. The short URL below takes you to a consent form and then the exercise.

https://reagle.org/disguise

Thank you to those that participate!

-- Joseph Reagle, Communication Studies, Northeastern University