[Air-L] [External] Typologies of robots

Peter Joseph Gloviczki PhD pgloviczki at coker.edu
Mon Jun 14 13:35:03 PDT 2021

Hi Christian and all,

Cynthia Breazeal’s work at MIT might be of some help, though I’m unsure if
she provides a specific typology.

Hope this helps, Peter

On Monday, June 14, 2021, Christian Fuchs <christian.fuchs at uti.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone know about publications where there is a typology of robots,
> i.e. not unjustified lists of types of robots (e.g.
> https://www.allonrobots.com/types-of-robots/ is not what I am interested
> in = lists without theory), but a distinction of different types of robots
> based on a combination of theoretical criteria of distinction presented
> e.g. in the form of a table or figure with at least two dimensions ?
>
> Thank you for sharing any references you might have come across featuring
> such typologies...
>
> Kind regards
>
> Christian

Peter Joseph Gloviczki, PhD    he/him/his
Associate Professor of Communication
Coker University
300 East College Avenue
Hartsville, South Carolina 29550
843.383.8379
pgloviczki at coker.edu

Assistant Editor, Journal of Loss and Trauma (Taylor & Francis)
Immediate Past Head, Cultural and Critical Studies Division, AEJMC
1st Vice President, Carolinas Communication Association

Scholarly Books:

Mediated Narration in the Digital Age: Storying the Media World
<https://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/nebraska/9781496217639/> (University of
Nebraska Press, 2021).

Journalism and Memorialization in the Age of Social Media
<https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9781137465368> (Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)