[Air-L] Next week: PublicSpaces conference: towards a common internet [11-12.3]

Katja Bego katja.bego at nesta.org.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:19:04 PST 2021

Hi AoiR,

I wanted to let you know about the following event which I think will be
incredibly interesting for many in the AoiR community:
https://publicspaces.net/conference-2021/
<https://publicspaces.net/conference-2021/> (All online of course! And
free).

*How do we build the right conditions and community to build a public
interest internet*? On March 11 and 12th, Waag, PublicSpaces and Pakhuis de
Zwijger are organizing a conference on how to save the internet, powered by
the Dutch Ministry of Internal Affairs.

"We would like to start a conversation on how to bridge the gap between
these public organisations and open source developers. Where to get
funding? How to start co-creation with a public organisation? And how to
create better designed, user-centric, value driven tools that are easy to
implement by broadcasters, museums and festivals? A discussion with
developers, investors, politicians and public organisations."

*PublicSpaces* is a coalition of over 25 public organisations in public
media, cultural heritage, festivals, museums, education and health care. *We
are reclaiming the internet as a force for the common good and advocating a
new internet that strengthens the public domain.*

Have a great weekend,
Katja

--
Katja Bego | Principal Researcher, Explorations & Futures team, Nesta
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/team/katja-bego/> and Project Lead of NGI Forward

--

				58 Victoria Embankment
				London

				www.nesta.org.uk
<http://www.nesta.org.uk/> |					Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/nesta_uk>
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1868227&goback=%2Egdr_1274367066783_1>
|				 				Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NESTA/116788428355432?v=wall&ref=sgm>

If
you no longer want to receive emails from Nesta, send an email to
info at nesta.org.uk <mailto:info at nesta.org.uk>. This email and any
attachments are confidential and may be 				subject to legal privilege. Any
use, copying or disclosure other 				than by the intended recipient is
unauthorised. If you have 				received this message in error, please notify
the sender 				immediately or by email to				 				info at nesta.org.uk
<mailto:information at nesta.org.uk> and delete this message and any
copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in 				this
email are those of the author and do not necessarily 				reflect the views
of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by 				guarantee and registered in
England and Wales with company 				number 7706036 and charity number
1144091. Registered as a 				charity in Scotland number SC042833.
Registered office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.