[Air-L] March 17, 9pm GMT: Alex Hanna, Google Ethical AI, on "Beyond Bias"

Alexander Halavais alex at halavais.net
Thu Mar 11 14:29:29 PST 2021

We are pleased to have Alex Hanna speak next week (March 17) at 2-3pm
Phoenix time (9pm GMT). Her talk is entitled "Beyond bias: Algorithmic
unfairness, infrastructure, and genealogies of data." An abstract and link
to registration link may be found here:

https://dasprogram.org/beyond-bias/

Also, for those of you who have students interested in a masters degree
focused on Data & Society (and especially on ethical issues around big data
and AI) please point them our way. We now offer our degree in both
on-campus and 100% online formats, and it would be an excellent preparation
for a Ph.D. at another institution.

May you escape the gallows, avoid distress, and be as healthy as a trout,

Alex

--
// Alexander Halavais (he/him)   @halavais   alex.halavais.net
// Associate Professor of Data & Society         dasprogram.org

// "I want to see you not through the Machine," said Kuno. "I want
// to speak to you not through the wearisome Machine."