[Air-L] JoCTEC Fall 2021 CFP

Plothe, Theo plothet at savannahstate.edu
Mon Mar 15 20:46:57 PDT 2021

Journal of Communication Technology

Call for Proposals

Fall 2021 Issue

The Journal of Communication Technology (ISSN 2694-3883), the official journal of the Communication Technology division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication is pleased to announce a Call For Papers for the Fall 2021 issue to be released in October/November 2021.

JoCTEC welcomes scholarship from a broad area of inquiry, with the expressed mission to bring together research that facilitates discussion and cultivates understanding of the ways in which communication technologies are changing not only media processes and content, but also audiences, institutions, and society at large. We ask for submissions with a particular focus that pertains to communication technologies, this includes but is not limited to studies of advertising, science, networks, health, politics, history, policy, public relations, management, economics, ethics, minorities, visual communication, and social media.

JoCTEC is not limited to a particular theoretical and methodological perspective. We welcome research that informs debates from comparative empirical perspectives and more conceptual and theoretical approaches. What remains at the forefront for our journal is that scholarship is systematic and rigorous concerning communication technologies and their impacts, no matter the disciplinary precision of the inquiry.

While we will still consider article submissions on a rolling basis for regular issues, to receive full consideration for the Fall 2021 issue, we have set a July 1, 2021 deadline. Please find submission guidelines and information below.

Guideline for Paper Submission:

Submissions should follow the manuscript guidelines for JoCTEC.

•      Prepare the manuscript using APA (7th ed) citation style, with text of no more than 9,000 words (inclusive of abstract, figures/tables, and references).

•      Submit the manuscript in Word format with all author-identifying information omitted to allow for blind peer review.

•      Confirm manuscript is not before another journal for consideration, and that the manuscript has not been previously published, including in a language other than English.

•      The submission deadline is July 1, 2021.

Best,
Dr. Plothe

--
Theo Plothe, PhD