[Air-L] *Correction* Meta-analysis on effects of social comparison on social media: Request for unpublished studies

Stephanie Tobin stephanie.tobin at qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 22:34:07 PDT 2021

*Correction* please send any relevant unpublished reports and manuscripts, conference presentations, unpublished dissertations or in-press manuscripts to c.mccomb at uq.net.au<mailto:c.mccomb at uq.net.au>

Dear colleagues,

I am currently completing a PhD at The University of Queensland under the supervision of Eric Vanman and Stephanie Tobin. We are conducting a systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of engaging in social comparison on social media and are looking for unpublished papers that fulfill the following requirements:

  1.  Studies must report experimental, quantitative data
  2.  Independent variable: we are interested in studies that involve exposure to an upward comparison target versus a downward comparison target or control group. Passively scrolling a social media site or quitting social media for a period of time is also appropriate.
  3.  Dependent variables: must include measures of subjective well-being, self-esteem, body image, psychological well-being or envy

To ensure a comprehensive analysis, we would greatly appreciate if you could send any relevant unpublished reports and manuscripts, conference presentations, unpublished dissertations or in-press manuscripts to c.mccomb at uq.net.au<mailto:c.mccomb at uq.net.au>

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Carly McComb

Carly McComb
BPsychScHons | PhD Candidate
School of Psychology | The University of Queensland | Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia
E c.mccomb at uq.net.au<mailto:c.mccomb at uq.net.au> | W https://psychology.uq.edu.au/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/psychology.uq.edu.au/__;!!NVzLfOphnbDXSw!S-6Ls-254ItD9HLPHycRb86J5HCtNoMdG5uVErPIjeCFax8HDg1c08vSTmS14rg72GIr7uY$>
CRICOS code: 00025B

Stephanie Tobin, PhD
Senior Lecturer | School of Psychology and Counselling | Queensland University of Technology
Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059, Australia | Phone: +61 7 3138 4762
CRICOS No 00213J