[Air-L] Talk on Tuesday: Brent Allpress - data misuse & 'People You May Know'

Dr. Emma Briant teflpolsoc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 07:06:10 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues and friends,
I'm delighted to be able to invite you all to a talk I am hosting with
Brent Allpress on Tuesday at 8:45amET (zoom invite below). As you may
recall 'People You May Know' is a documentary film which I contributed
research for/advised on, which came out in October just before the
election. My 'Contemporary Propaganda' class are being given a screening of
the film which examines Cambridge Analytica's role in misuse of mental
health and church data by conservative Christian non-profits for politics -
you can watch the film too before the event on Amazon Prime
<https://www.amazon.com/People-You-Know-Charles-Kriel/dp/B08JFZ1YLP>. Dr
Brent Allpress was the primary researcher for the film and has done further
digging too into the 'Stop the Steal' data operations which were key on
January 6 and he will talk about both of these on Tuesday. I do hope you
will join us for what will be an important talk.
Many thanks,
Emma

Emma Briant is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Brent Allpress - People You May Know
Time: Mar 23, 2021 08:45 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://bard.zoom.us/j/81319434008?pwd=REFIOERWRXB1UlUwbkU2ZmljVzloZz09

Meeting ID: 813 1943 4008
Passcode: 206012
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,81319434008# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,81319434008# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 813 1943 4008
Find your local number: https://bard.zoom.us/u/kc5gSQ2P4X

Join by SIP
81319434008 at zoomcrc.com

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
213.19.144.110 (Amsterdam Netherlands)
213.244.140.110 (Germany)
103.122.166.55 (Australia Sydney)
103.122.167.55 (Australia Melbourne)
149.137.40.110 (Singapore)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada Toronto)
65.39.152.160 (Canada Vancouver)
207.226.132.110 (Japan Tokyo)
149.137.24.110 (Japan Osaka)
Meeting ID: 813 1943 4008
Passcode: 206012

--
Dr Emma L Briant
Independent Researcher/Author/Analyst

Website: www.emma-briant.co.uk
Author of: *Propaganda and Counter-Terrorism: Strategies for Global
Change *from
Manchester University Press
Co-Author of: *Bad News for Refugees* with Prof. Greg Philo and Dr. Pauline
Donald from Pluto Press.
Follow me on Twitter @emmalbriant