[Air-L] Data Release for the Shared Task Socio-political and Crisis Events Detection at CASE @ ACL-IJCNLP 2021

ali hürriyetoglu ali.hurriyetoglu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 00:53:30 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Please consider participating in the shared task on socio-political and
crisis event detection we are organizing in the scope of the workshop CASE
@ ACL-IJCNLP (https://emw.ku.edu.tr/case-2021/). The tasks are:

Task 1: Multilingual protest news detection (English, Spanish, Portuguese,
Hindi)
           - Subtask 1: Document classification
           - Subtask 2: Sentence classification
           - Subtask 3: Event sentence coreference identification
           - Subtask 4: Event extraction
Task 2: Fine-grained classification of Socio-political events
Task 3: Discovering Black Lives Matter events in the United States

The description of the tasks, application form, sample data, baseline
scripts, and submission formats are on the dedicated repository (
https://github.com/emerging-welfare/case-2021-shared-task). Just let us
know if there is any point not clear enough. We will be ready to fix it.
Important dates are at the bottom of this e-mail.

We are looking forward to working on it with you!

Best wishes,

Ali

*** Important dates
Release of training data: (send me the application form for Task 1 and Task
3 to access the data)
Registration deadline: April 30, 2021
Release of test data for all tasks to registered participants: May 4, 2021,
Submission of system responses: May 8, 2021 (12:00 CET)
Results announced to participants: May 10, 2021
Shared Task Papers Due: May 21, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: May 28, 2021
Camera-ready papers due: June 7, 2021
CASE 2021 Workshop (presentation of the ST results): August 5-6, 2021