[Air-L] Looking for: freelance internet policy researcher (start April)

Katja Bego katja.bego at nesta.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 08:29:25 PDT 2021

Hi AoiR,

I'm looking for an internet policy researcher to help support part-time (30
to 40 days over a period of three to four months) on an exciting new
project exploring the role cities (can) play in preserving privacy in
public spaces. This is a joint project between Nesta
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/> and the City of Amsterdam.

The project would present a good fit for experienced policy researchers,
but also current PhD students and early career researchers in academia,
advocacy or the public sector. The budget for this work is relatively
flexible, and can be adapted depending on the level of experience of the
successful candidate.

We are looking for someone with demonstrable knowledge of internet policy,
particularly around issues of privacy and data protection, with strong
writing skills. Candidates are preferably UK or EU based, and need to be
available part-time from the start/middle of April.

Deadline for expressions of interest:* March 26* (so just a couple of days
left to apply!).

*Read more about the application process, what we're looking for and the
project here
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/project-updates/freelance-internet-policy-researcher-wanted/>*
.

This is a pretty flexible role - if you'd like to learn more or want to
discuss details, definitely do drop me a message.

*More info about the project: *
This joint project between Nesta and the City of Amsterdam will explore the
current legislative, political and societal developments around the
deployment of facial recognition systems, WiFi-tracking and other related
technologies and challenges in our public spaces.

While a lot of decision-making around these issues takes place on the
European or national level, we want to understand what cities and regions
are currently already doing to preserve the privacy of their residents, and
how they can be empowered to potentially do even more. The project will
culminate in the release of an in-depth research report in July 2021.

Thanks!
Katja

--
Katja Bego | Principal Researcher, Explorations & Futures team, Nesta
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/team/katja-bego/> and Project Lead of NGI Forward

--

				58 Victoria Embankment
				London

				www.nesta.org.uk
<http://www.nesta.org.uk/> |					Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/nesta_uk>
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1868227&goback=%2Egdr_1274367066783_1>
|				 				Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NESTA/116788428355432?v=wall&ref=sgm>

If
you no longer want to receive emails from Nesta, send an email to
info at nesta.org.uk <mailto:info at nesta.org.uk>. This email and any
attachments are confidential and may be 				subject to legal privilege. Any
use, copying or disclosure other 				than by the intended recipient is
unauthorised. If you have 				received this message in error, please notify
the sender 				immediately or by email to				 				info at nesta.org.uk
<mailto:information at nesta.org.uk> and delete this message and any
copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in 				this
email are those of the author and do not necessarily 				reflect the views
of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by 				guarantee and registered in
England and Wales with company 				number 7706036 and charity number
1144091. Registered as a 				charity in Scotland number SC042833.
Registered office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.