[Air-L] Global Media. And China: COVID-19 Special Issue (Part I) published

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:17:16 PDT 2021

Dear All

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue(Volume 6, Issue 1, March 2021).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

Special Section: One City, Many Tales: COVID-19, Perception, and the Importance of Contextualization (Part One)

Guest Editors: Xiaoling Zhang

Editorial: One City, Many Tales: COVID-19, perception, and the importance of contextualization

Xiaoling Zhang

US media’s coverage of China’s handling of COVID-19: Playing the role of the fourth branch of government or the fourth estate?

Wenshan Jia and Fangzhu Lu

The virus of fear and anxiety: China, COVID-19, and the Australian media

Wanning Sun

The UK media coverage of China’s handling of the coronavirus  outbreak

Xiaoling Zhang and Gareth Shaw

From soft power to sharp power: China’s media image in Hong Kong’s health crises from 2003 to 2020

Chi Kit Chan and Anthony Ying Him Fung

The end of China’s romance with Central and Eastern Europe

Emilian Kavalski

Original Articles

International broadcasters and country image management: Comparing audience perceptions of China, Russia and Iran in Latin America

Pablo Sebastian Morales

Book Reviews

Elizabeth Brunner, Environmental Activism, Social Media, and Protest in China: Becoming Activists Over Wild Public Networks

Michelle Murray Yang

Weihua Wu, Chinese Animation, Creative Industries, and Digital Culture

Chunning Guo

Dr HAN Xiao

Research Associate, State Key Lab of Media Convergence and Communication, Communication University of China (CUC)

Commissioning Editor, Global Media and China http://journals.sagepub.com/home/gch <http://gch.sagepub.com/>