[Air-L] Trains, Texts, and Tits: Sex Work, Technology and Movement 4-part class starts Tomorrow!

Danielle Blunt danielleblunt at protonmail.ch
Thu May 6 12:38:05 PDT 2021

Starting this Friday! The story of sex workers as early adopters and innovators of new technologies who make new frontiers accessible and desirable, and then are regulated, gentrified and criminalized out of them is as old as the story of the United States itself. See where we came from, and how we got from trains and Dictaphones to FOSTA/SESTA, starting this Friday at 12pm EST!

Each week we'll take on a new era, and explore the technology advances where sex workers were the un-acknowledged early adopters, only to face regulation, criminalization and eventually, exclusion. This Friday we're talking to the brilliant Gretchen Soderlund and May Jeong about the old west, the turn of the century, the trafficking origins of yore, and the role sex workers played in all of it.

There are four in total, spanning 1840 - 2021, every Friday in May from 12-2 EST with 30 minutes of community time at the end to debrief and connect. Tickets are sliding scale/donation down to free. Please take a long lunch to learn where we came from and how we got to where we are in the debates on tits, tech and the internet.

[Register here!](https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trains-texts-and-tits-sex-work-technology-and-movement-tickets-151574179451?fbclid=IwAR0y-YrPOshiAsuJTOBll5rdTsiqrAo_z-jz5bfuw91QfyAfbdOiRP2tT6shttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/trains-texts-and-tits-sex-work-technology-and-movement-tickets-151574179451)

Blunt (she/her)