[Air-L] Seeking Help Recruiting Participants for Study on Fandom During Pandemic

Reinhard, CarrieLynn creinhard at dom.edu
Tue May 11 09:29:29 PDT 2021

I am seeking your help in recruiting participants for a study I am doing with a friend. If you could share the below text to Facebook or to others via email, that would really help us! And, of course, if you’d like to take it yourself, we’d love your thoughts!

“The COVID-19 pandemic has had significant impacts on our lives, including how we experience our fandoms. Cons were moved online or cancelled. New movies came out on streaming apps at the same time as theatrical releases. Online gaming replaced in-person gaming. And people turned to their fandoms to cope with the pandemic.

Krysten Stein and I are academics interested in understanding how fans have responded to the pandemic and how they see the pandemic impacting their fandoms. This questionnaire asks you to reflect on your experiences over the past year for how they relate to your fandom experiences before the pandemic – as well as your hopes for how to experience your fandom after the pandemic.

The questionnaire is completely anonymous and anything you tell us will be kept confidential. We are hoping to publish the results of this questionnaire but will do our best to remove any identifying information before publishing.

We expect the questionnaire to take 15-20 minutes to complete, but your time may vary depending on how much you want to tell us. And if you have any questions or problems with the questionnaire and/or study, you can contact me, CarrieLynn D. Reinhard, at creinhard at dom.edu<mailto:creinhard at dom.edu>.

You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the study, and the primarily language for the questionnaire is English.

If you are interested in providing us with your experiences and opinions, then please click on this link<https://dom.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3x8pgHErD7L45jE> to start.”

This year’s motto: perseverance.

My best to you and yours,

CarrieLynn D. Reinhard
Associate Professor, Dominican University
Department Chair, Communication Arts and Sciences
Social Media Minor Director
Film Studies Minor Director
Editor, Popular Culture Studies Journal<https://mpcaaca.org/the-popular-culture-studies-journal/>
President, Professional Wrestling Studies Association<http://www.prowrestlingstudies.org>
Co-Creator/Co-Host, The Pop Culture Lens
www.playingwithresearch.com<http://www.playingwithresearch.com>
Twitter: @MediaOracle