[Air-L] Digital Democracy Historical Archive Tools?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Sun May 16 19:25:12 PDT 2021

E-Democracy.org is look for an option to essentially convert our database
driven https://forums.e-democracy.org site into a static archive.

The open source GroupServer tool and host we use is sunsetting.

This would sort be like our own WayBackMachine ... with I assume hundreds
of thousands public civic online group messages.

We are also looking to figure out a way to convert the postgres message
database into mbox files that could be in theory imported into Mailman,
etc. for our still active groups.

For reference, E-Democracy was the original election information site back
in 1994 and host of an ongoing online town hall format (that figured out a
process to dealing with civility and rumourmongering before Facebook even
started.)

Thanks,
Steven Clift