[Air-L] Submit CSCW Workshop Proposals by June 11

Erhardt Graeff erhardt at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:23:19 PDT 2021

Eden Litt and I are co-chairs for CSCW 2021's workshops track
<https://cscw.acm.org/2021/workshops/> this fall. Deadline to submit
proposals is in two weeks: *June 11*. We would love to see proposals from
the AIR community.

Call for proposals with submission information:
https://cscw.acm.org/2021/workshops/  <https://cscw.acm.org/2021/workshops/>

*CSCW 2021 Workshops will be held virtually on October 23 and 24, 2021*. We
are hoping to keep our workshop fees at a minimum again this year.

Workshop proposals should consist of both an abstract and a detailed
proposal. The abstract should be no more than 200 words. The body of the
proposal should be no more than 3000 words, and should include a
description of the theme(s) of the workshop, the workshop activities and
goals, the duration of the workshop (one or two full days), the background
of the organizer(s), the maximum number of participants, the means of
recruiting and selecting participants, and the equipment and supplies
needed to run the workshop. Proposals should specify the technology and
tools that will be used to conduct the workshop in a virtual space. Please
specify if you plan to do anything unique or special to accommodate the
virtual environment.

We recommend reviewing successful workshop proposals from last year
<https://cscw.acm.org/2020/workshops-program/> to get a sense of what
topics were already recently covered and how authors thought about
designing their workshops for a virtual environment. Last year's workshops
program: https://cscw.acm.org/2020/workshops-program/.

--
Erhardt Graeff
Assistant Professor of Social and Computer Science