[Air-L] IRMS Accepting Fellowship Applications for Spring 2022 Cohort

DeCook, Julia jdecook at luc.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:18:32 PDT 2021

The Institute for Research on Male Supremacism (IRMS) is accepting fellow applications for its spring 2022 cohort until December 1, 2021. IRMS is a nonprofit organization that supports researchers who are committed to exposing and challenging common narratives that uphold male supremacist ideology. Male supremacist ideology is the belief in cisgender men’s superiority and right to dominate, control, or erase “others”: women, trans men, and non-binary people.

We are seeking fellows from academic, journalistic, think tank, organizers, and other backgrounds who are actively engaged in research that, implicitly or explicitly, identifies and problematizes the consequences of male supremacism and situates male supremacism alongside other harmful ideologies (i.e., white supremacism, anti-trans ideology, antisemitism). We are interested in unique and intersectional applications of the framework of male supremacism, including research on police violence, attacks on sex workers, misogynoir and transmisogyny, and other topics. This is a virtual fellowship that accepts candidates from across the globe. The Spring 2022 cohort will begin in March 2022.

For more information, a FAQ, and instructions on how to apply, please go to https://www.malesupremacism.org/fellows/call-for-fellows/

Dr. Julia R. DeCook, PhD
she/her/hers
Assistant Professor · Advocacy and Social Change
School of Communication
Loyola University Chicago
http://www.julesopolis.com | twitter @julesopolis<https://twitter.com/julesopolis>