[Air-L] Join No Tech For Tyrants Onboarding and Action Call this Wednesday 6pm UK Time!

Peaks Krafft p.krafft at arts.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 13:58:57 PST 2021

Has the news of Big Tech like Palantir creeping its way into government services got you down? Are you worried about the companies that are taking over border control, policing, and healthcare, with no public accountability? Us too.

So let's organise, and defeat racist anti-migrant tech!

No Tech For Tyrants is holding an onboarding and action call for new members to help us research and disrupt the relationships between higher education institutions, unethical tech companies, and governments.

Whether you'd like to get involved in the operations of our national-level projects, or you'd like a little extra support for justice work already happening on your campus, we've got opportunities for you.

Anyone with an interest in human rights/tech/migration/ethics is very welcome to take part!

We’re students and researchers predominantly from UK universities and institutions who know it’s time to take a stand against the role of technology companies in oppressing migrant communities. We believe that students, researchers, and activists have the power to dismantle the tech-talent pipeline. Come to this onboarding event to find out about campaigns and projects we’ve been working on and how you can get involved.

No Tech For Tyrants 2021 ONBOARDING & ACTION CALL

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 10

6-7.30 PM GMT, ZOOM

Eventbrite link<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/say-no-to-violent-tech-no-tech-4-tyrants-onboarding-and-action-call-tickets-201562878997>

Zoom link<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86054033149?pwd=WmY0UVV4Y09tY21qekRiTmpLZWI5dz09>

Agenda

  *   Welcome & Introductions

  *   Highlights from Past Campaigns

  *   Ongoing Campaigns

  *   Overview of Organisational Structure of NT4T

  *   Getting Involved!

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and/or its attachments you must not take any action based upon them and you must not copy or show them to anyone. Please send the email back to us and immediately and permanently delete it and its attachments. Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London or of any of its group companies the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London (or the relevant group company). Where the sender's signature indicates that the email is sent on behalf of UAL Short Courses Limited the following also applies: UAL Short Courses Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02361261. Registered Office: University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY