[Air-L] TikTok Comment Order

Brooks, Marcus (brooksmu) brooksmu at mail.uc.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:31:58 PST 2021

Colleagues,

I’m hoping someone here has insight on how TikTok comments are ordered. I can’t determine a clear criteria since the number of responses or likes don’t seem to corelate with the order that they show up. I’m thinking this is probably a black box situation, but thought maybe someone here might have some answers.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus A. Brooks, MA

Sociology PhD Candidate

Taft & Yates Fellow

He/Him/His

“There are scattered in forgotten nooks and corners throughout the land, Negroes of some considerable training, of high minds, and high motives, who are unknown to their fellows, who exert far too little influence.” – W.E.B. Du Bois

"The real political task in a society such as ours is to criticize the workings of institutions that appear to be both neutral and independent." - Michel Foucault