[Air-L] Theme issue on online videos and global communication

Jesper Taekke taekke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 02:10:45 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that our English book has been published and that with open access - so download the book as a pdf - read and spread the happy news. Of course, you can also buy it for a small fortune as a paper book. We have compiled and synthesized the last many years of research into a push for Bildung and nondeterministic education and media theory. If you have read in one of our Danish books, which are by far research reports, you can here, however in English, get our complete theory package and analysis in an updated version without heavy listings of data, but as exciting prose ;)

Bloomsbury writes:

Drawing together action-based research with sociology of education, medium theory and the Bildung-tradition, the authors offer a new perspective on education in the digital age, exploring emancipation, edification, self-formation and democratic education.

The authors draw on 15 years of action-based research and weave this with the theory to show how teachers and students might use new media for learning about interaction, searching, visualizing, constructing, storing, and retrieving. The authors show that education needs to be rethought, resituated and developed anew in the digital age. New norms and new ways of teaching need to be established. Building on the theory and case studies, they analyze and discuss different strategies, ideas and understandings, offering four promising ways to develop a new vision for education.

http://dx.doi.org/10.5040/9781350175426

Tække, J., & Paulsen, M. (2022). A New Perspective on Education in the Digital Age: Teaching, Media and Bildung. London: Bloomsbury Academic. Retrieved November 4, 2021, from http://dx.doi.org/10.5040/9781350175426

Best Regards
Jesper

---
Jesper Tække
Associate Professor, PhD
School of Communication and Culture
Department of Media and Journalism Studies
Centre for Internet Research
Aarhus University

postal address:

Institut for Kommunikation og Kultur