[Air-L] Assistant Professor, Digital Curation and Preservation (Tenure Track), UArizona, iSchool

Zack Lischer-Katz zlkatz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 07:59:52 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
Come work with us in sunny Tucson, Arizona! Please share this TT
position in digital curation at the University of Arizona's iSchool.

Assistant Professor, Digital Curation and Preservation (Tenure Track)
School of Information (iSchool)
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Follow this link for a complete position description and to submit
your application:
https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/6980?c=arizona

POSITION DESCRIPTION
The School of Information at the University of Arizona seeks a
tenure-track Assistant Professor with a record of research in digital
curation and preservation to begin in mid-August, 2022. We are
especially interested in candidates who are well-versed in both
quantitative and qualitative methodologies, those with interest in
academic leadership roles (e.g., program supervision, student
advising), and/or those who bring a record of working on
interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary funded grant teams.

This position will include teaching responsibilities at both
undergraduate and graduate levels and across online and face to face
formats. The successful applicant will have ideally developed a strong
track record of excellence in teaching and academic citizenry.

APPLICANTS WITH RESEARCH OR TEACHING INTERESTS IN ONE OR MORE OF THE
FOLLOWING AREAS ARE ESPECIALLY WELCOME:

Curation and management of scientific and research data
Digital preservation infrastructures, systems, or tools
Cyberinfrastructures
Digital archives
Archives, access, and preservation with historically marginalized communities
Impact of digitization and digital access
Access systems, aggregation, and linked open data
Computational techniques in analyzing archival collections

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

Ph.D. in information sciences or related area (applicants in the
process of completing their Ph.D. may apply but the degree must be
awarded on/by position start date)
Evidence of ability to develop a record of research productivity
Evidence of ability to instruct students at the graduate and/or
undergraduate level
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff from
a wide range of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds is
essential.

ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Experience in academic leadership roles (e.g., program supervision,
student advising, administrative duties within an academic unit) is
preferred.
Experience in teaching classes related to quantitative methods,
qualitative methods, organization of information, digital curation,
digital archives, digital preservation, and/or database development
and management.
Experience with interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary funded grant teams.

ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The School of Information is an academic unit and a professional
school in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) at the
University of Arizona, the state’s only public land grant university.
The School of Information aims to inspire interdisciplinary
understanding, diverse interpretation, creation, and use of the
emerging knowledge and information environments of the 21st century
through innovative instruction and state-of-the-art technology. The
School is a place for the interdisciplinary study of information,
broadly conceived, and is focused on preparing students for living,
thinking, and working in the digital age. The School of Information
offers nine degree programs and a series of graduate certificates in
archival studies and digital curation, among others. The School has
highly ranked on-campus and online degree programs, with a normal
teaching load of two graduate courses per semester for tenure
track/tenured faculty.

For more information about the School of Information programs and
degrees, please visit: https://ischool.arizona.edu/

Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance
plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and
holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified
family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA
recreation and cultural activities; and more!

The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.

DIVERSITY STATEMENT
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because
we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to
advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and
creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving
institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution,
we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have
experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues,
and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of
perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment
opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and
others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative
aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty
engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.

APPLICATION INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES
Apply Here: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/6980?c=arizona

Please upload the following documents within your application:

Curriculum Vitae
Single-page Cover Letter
In the first Additional Document slot: a Statement of Teaching
Philosophy which should address the role of diversity and inclusion in
your teaching as well as explain how you engage underrepresented
learners.
In the second Additional Document slot: Reference Contact List with a
minimum of three professional references and their contact
information.

Review of applications will begin November 1 and continue until the
position is filled.