[Air-L] iSchool at UMD Faculty Position: Lecturer in User Experience (UX)

Naielia Akela Allen nallen11 at umd.edu
Fri Oct 8 07:55:02 PDT 2021

The College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland, College
Park (Maryland’s iSchool), invites applications for a full-time,
professional track lecturer who is highly competent, energetic, collegial,
and flexible to join our exciting environment. The Lecturer will teach in
one or more of the areas listed below, with a course load of three classes
per semester (fall and spring), and will actively participate in the life
of the college.

The successful candidate will teach in our core courses that cover topics
such as:
• Human-computer interaction (HCI) fundamentals
• Research methods
• Usability
• Interaction design
• Visual design
• Prototyping
• Technical communication
• Capstone integrative projects.

Some of the courses that the successful candidate can develop include
courses that cover topics such as:
• Machine learning and AI user experience
• Human-robot interaction / UX of robotics
• Multimodal/multiplatform interfaces
• Prototyping and development
• UX analytics and business strategy
• Immersive environments (AR/VR).

For more information about the position, please visit:
https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/88002

--
Naielia Allen
Administrative Coordinator, Faculty Affairs
Email: nallen11 at umd.edu