[Air-L] Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Technical and Professional Communication

Jason J. Peters jpeter65 at calpoly.edu
Tue Oct 12 15:31:12 PDT 2021

Hello folks,

Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo is conducting a search for a tenure-track, assistant professor in technical and professional communication. For questions, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Brenda Helmbrecht (bhelmbre at calpoly.edu<mailto:bhelmbre at calpoly.edu>).

Assistant Professor—Technical and Professional Communication

Full-time, academic year, tenure-track Assistant Professor of English at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, to begin September 15, 2022.  Specialization in Technical and Professional Communication.  Ph.D. in English or related field required.  The successful candidate will not only teach upper- and lower-division technical and professional communication courses, but also coordinate a thriving undergraduate Technical Communication Certificate Program, which will include establishing and overseeing student internships, along with curriculum and program development in General Education and in the English major.  For this position, we seek leadership, creativity, and an eagerness to engage in cross-disciplinary collaborations across multiple STEM-focused colleges with academic programs and/or funded research in aerospace, civic design, information systems, big data, usability study, and STEM education.  Specific research areas within technical and professional communication are open.  We particularly welcome applicants who demonstrate research interests in designing for social good, interactive, and immersive technologies, or digital/public rhetorics, and applicants who take a culturally situated approach based on ethnographic, community-driven research.

For the full job ad and to apply, please visit https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/505089/assistant-professortechnical-and-professional-communication<mailto:https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/505089/assistant-professortechnical-and-professional-communication>.

Jay Peters

Jason Peters, PhD

Associate Professor

Department of English

California Polytechnic State University

1 Grand Avenue

San Luis Obispo CA 93407-0322

https://english.calpoly.edu/faculty/peters

Cal Poly is in tiłhini, the Place of the Full Moon. We gratefully acknowledge, respect, and thank yak titʸu titʸu yak tiłhini, Northern Chumash Tribe of San Luis Obispo County and Region, in whose homelands we are guests.