[Air-L] Resources about the use of the dark web

Oltmann, Shannon M. shannon.oltmann at uky.edu
Mon Oct 25 19:29:03 PDT 2021

Hello. I'm posting on behalf of a colleague (not on the list), who's teaching a new course next semester (cross-listed between information studies and criminal justice). She's looking for some academic(ish) articles that talk about how social movements (U.S. based or worldwide) are using the dark web, particularly with details about their actual use of the dark web. She's looking more for the social movement side of things as opposed to the law enforcement side of things, but I think a wide range of suggestions would likely be helpful. (She has resources from Richard Gehl already.)

I'm happy to compile a list of suggested readings and share with the group. Thanks!

-Shannon Oltmann

Shannon M. Oltmann, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Associate Professor
School of Information Science
College of Communication & Information
University of Kentucky

shannon.oltmann at uky.edu<mailto:shannon.oltmann at uky.edu>

Editor, Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy

Associate Editor, Library Quarterly