[Air-L] Invitation Hybrid Conference ‘Global implications of migratory movements’

Nagy, V. (Veronika) V.Nagy at uu.nl
Sun Oct 31 07:15:27 PDT 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,
We are delighted to invite you to our Hybrid Conference ‘Global implications of migratory movements’ taking place on 11 & 12 November 2021 at University Utrecht. The Conference is part of the MIGROBAL PROJECT, that critically reflects to the Eurocentric migration discourse and aims to provide a platform that questions, critiques, counters and deconstructs the assumptions and essentialisms of the Western gaze towards the migrant-Other and, at a wider scale, towards the phenomenon of migration itself. The core objective is to critically assess the diverse geopolitical implications of human flows within and outside Europe and explore the long-standing concerns traditionally associated with forced migratory moves. Our Hybrid event encourages experts, activists and academics globally, from the very young to civil societies, to join our panels and discuss how to mitigate the long-standing challenges that seem to come with migratory influxes in the current contexts, also defined by the term of ’crises’. Each panel of program will provide ample opportunity for those present online or in person to contribute to the debate. We hope that you will be able to be a part of this global event. As registration is open to the public, we encourage you to share this email with members of your networks.
Please find the schedule of the program and the list of abstracts here: https://www.uu.nl/en/events/hybrid-conference-global-implications-of-migratory-movements
In order to send you the link for online participation and to ensure the safe On Campus participation for all, we would like to kindly ask you to register here: https://fd21.formdesk.com/universiteitutrecht-rebo/conference_global_implications
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet/Üdvözlettel,
Dr. Veronika Nagy
Assistant Professor
Utrecht University
Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Law and Criminology
v.nagy at uu.nl<mailto:v.nagy at uu.nl> | +31 30 253 7125 (secretariaat)
 +31641035072
Newtonlaan 231 3584 BH Utrecht