[Air-L] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue—September 2021

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 23:27:38 PDT 2021

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 6, Issue 3, September 2021).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

Special Section: Anthropology, Visual Communication and the Smartphone

Guest Editors: Daniel Miller and Xinyuan Wang

Special Issue Articles

Introduction: Smartphone-based visual normativity: Approaches from digital anthropology and communication studies

Daniel Miller and Xinyuan Wang

Smartphone photography and its socio-economic life in China: An ethnographic analysis

Yunchang Yang

The media image of Chinese older people: From stigmatic stereotype to diverse self-representation

Kun Li

Performing healthy ageing through images: From broadcasting to silence

Marilia Duque

Emotion work via digital visual communication: A comparative study between China and Japan

Xinyuan Wang and Laura Haapio-Kirk

Original Articles

The power of Bollywood: A study on opportunities, challenges, and audiences’ perceptions of Indian cinema in China

Yanyan Hong

Uncovering the low-profifile #MeToo movement: Towards a discursive politics of empowerment on Chinese social media

Xiao Han

Book Reviews

Florian Schneider, China’s Digital Nationalism

Jamie Coates

Gagliardone, Iginio, China, Africa, and the Future of the Internet

Frankline Matanji

Alvin Y. So and Yin-wah Chu, The Global Rise of China

James K Wong