[Air-L] Registration for SIGDOC 2021 is now open

Luke Thominet lthomine at fiu.edu
Thu Sep 9 13:24:58 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The SIGDOC 2021 Conference is just a month away! It will be a hybrid conference with virtual presentations and workshops on October 12 and 13 and optional in-person meetup hubs in 8 locations worldwide on October 14. Registration<https://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2021/registration/> for the conference is now open.

Program Highlight
The second day of our conference will feature Huatong Sun's workshop, Engaging Cultural Differences for Empowering Design in a Globalized World. This workshop will walk participants through design cases and ask them to reconsider some commonly held design beliefs, routine design practices, and everyday design objects with a lens of cultural differences. It will introduce strategies and techniques to create usable, meaningful, and empowering designs to engage cultural differences in a globalized world at a divisive time. The workshop will take place on October 13 at 1:00-3:30 PM CT. There are limited spots still available in the workshop, so we encourage you to register soon to reserve your spot.

We're looking forward to seeing you at SIGDOC 2021!

Best,
Luke Thominet
SIGDOC Communications Manager