[Air-L] AoIR Translations Project Survey

Michelle, Association of Internet Researchers ac at aoir.org
Sat Sep 11 06:30:28 PDT 2021

Dear AoIR Listserv Members,

We hope you have been keeping as safe and well as possible during this time!

I am A/Prof Crystal Abidin, writing on behalf of the AoIR Exec to invite
everyone to participate in our newly-launched AoIR Translations Project
initiative. Over the past years, I have had personal conversations with
several members about the accessibility and sharing of academic knowledge
and resources between languages, and how AoIR can be better positioned to
facilitate this. After a year of consulting various groups and working with
our dedicated team of subcommittee members, I am pleased to launch our
inaugural AoIR Translations survey, helpfully researched and put together
by our Subcomm RA and incoming AoIR Exec Member Ozlem Demirkol Tonnesen.

We designed this survey to identify the demand for making Internet Research
in different languages more accessible to everyone, and to start a
conversation on the potential ways we can achieve this goal under the helm
of the incoming Exec. While we are keen to hear especially from members who
have knowledge of and work in languages other than English, we also welcome
professional development avenues in the future.

Everyone on this Listserv and scholars worldwide who work in the field of
Internet Research are welcome to take part in the survey, so please feel
free to share the link far and wide. The survey will take approximately
7–10 minutes to complete via this link
<https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6416211/2021-Translation-Survey> (
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6416211/2021-Translation-Survey).
For a better viewing experience we recommend using a desktop.

Thank you.

Crystal, Oz, The AoIR Translations Subcomm, and the 2019–2021 Exec