[Air-L] New book announcement: "The changing face of VR: Pushing the boundaries of experience across multiple industries"

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:42:23 PDT 2022

Hi all,
I'm happy to announce that my new edited book about VR is now available for
purchase
<https://www.amazon.com/changing-face-boundaries-experience-industries/dp/1648894747/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3LW4JRR64EV39&keywords=frith+saker&qid=1660750410&sprefix=frith+saker%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-2>(or
to get libraries to purchase or whatever). I think the book could be
relevant to some people on this list, so I figured I'd share. Right now
only a hardback is available, which is expensive, but if it interests any
of you, it might be worth asking your library to get a copy. Also a
paperback and eBook should be coming out sometime soon at a lower price.
And of course, in the meantime...if you want a sample or something and
don't want to buy an overpriced book, contact me and I have some page
proofs.

Anyways, the collection is about how VR is being used in multiple
industries. Most VR work focuses on gaming or social media, so we went the
other way with it and looked at everything from VR in museums to
anti-racist work to dance performances to environmental rhetoric. I think
one of the strengths of the collection is that we have authors from 5
different continents and multiple disciplines, and we also have a mix of
practitioners and academics. For example, there's a chapter from a museum
curator and a screenwriter who writes scripts for VR.

If any of you are interested, I'd also be happy to chat about it. Don't
hesitate to reach out!

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

Book review editor of the *Journal of Business & Technical Communication*

Editor-in-Chief, *Communication Design Quarterly*

Editor, *The X-Series <https://parlorpress.com/pages/x-series>*, Parlor
Press

My Google Scholar Profile
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=OtvmSE0AAAAJ&hl=en>